The Writing Center is located on the Mount Vernon Campus in Lewis Hall, Room 321 (L-321).
If you are interested in receiving updates about the Writing Center’s services, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or “like” us on Facebook! (facebook.com/svcwritingcenter)
The SVC Writing Center supports SVC students in developing writing competence and confidence to meet their educational and career goals.
- to help students become more independent; to make good writing decisions on their own once they leave Skagit Valley College
- to reinforce and supplement the skills we teach in class, and to cover what is not covered in class for those students who need it
- to reflect the writing philosophy and methodology of the English department
- to focus on problem-solving processes for writing
- to use students’ writing to teach writing
Peer Writing Consultant Position Description and Application
Interested in joining the Writing Center team? Download a Peer Writing Consultant Position Description and Application.